Monday, July 27, 2009

For just over $6.00 I found heaven!


I hate bathrooms. I really do. Mommys back me up here...


They are the smallest rooms in the house, the easiest to clean and yet, the one's I hate cleaning the most. I think it's because there is always so much stuff to move around. Hand soap, toothbrushes, toothpaste from the sink. Towels and cologne from the back of the toilet, shampoo, conditioner, soap, loofas, razors from the edges of the tub.


Arg!


Well a couple of years ago, I had the brilliant idea to buy an over the shower head hanger to keep all the stuff in one place at least. I got it home only to realize that not only would it not hold all my stuff, but that it impeded the hose of my detachable shower head and it was constanly getting in my way. Damn!


So, I switched out all of our bar soap with the smaller hand soap dispensers. I keep body wash in the one in the tub, hand soap in the one on the sink. That helped... some. but my bathroom still seemed cluttered and ... just unfriendly to me.


I pretty much gave my bathroom up as one of the places I would always hate.


But, the other day I was wandering through the aisles at Wal Mart, browsing, not shoppng really, because no matter how cheap it is, I STILL can't afford it... when I found... my new best friend.


A self hanging corner shower caddy. Oh, this was too good to pass up. There were many to choose from, ranging from $6.88 to $19.99. I had my doubts about the cheapest one, it looked a little flimsy and only hung by double sided sticky tape. But, seeing as how I'm broke, I had to try it. I HAD to! Six bucks is a small price to pay for a little bit of sanity.


So, I bought it, thinking I would be running back to Wal Mart the next day to return the defective product... but, it's perfect.


I had to wait 24 hours before I could put anything on it and in these 24 hours I must have made 20 extra trips into the bathroom to see my new toy, to yank on it and test it's strength and to imagine all the possibilities of having a non cluttered tub.


Finally, finally after about 19 hours, I could wait no longer, damn the torpedoes, I'm going in!


I set on my shelf, one family sized bottle of shampoo, one family sized bottle of conditioner, two bottles of scented body wash, one loofa and two razors. Then I waited anxiously for the structure to topple and my bath products to go tumbling into the tub. And I waited...and waited.


It never happened. Here, a week later, my good $6.88 buddy is still going strong and my tub is now uncluttered and easy to clean.


Can this be for real? I thought this kind of joy only happened in Lifetime movies!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment